Electroless Nickel Plating with PTFE is the ideal solution for coating applications requiring the engineering qualities of Electroless Nickel (EN), such as uniform thickness, atomic-level smoothness, and enhanced wear protection – as well as the increased lubricity of PTFE.
This Electroless Nickel plating with PTFE product is created through the suspension of PTFE particles in the EN bath, ensuring their uniform distribution throughout the EN matrix. Both elements are co-deposited during the plating process, yielding a tough, corrosion and wear-resistant material with a very low friction coefficient, ideal for a large and growing range of engineering applications.
AST has pioneered the use of PTFE/EN coatings with our proprietary Infused PEN-TUF®/EN coating. This Electroless Nickel composite is a Mid-Phosphorous Electroless Nickel coating that is sprayed with PTFE which is then baked into the pore structure to give exceptional release properties. Typical coating thickness is 0.0005″-0.002″.
Benefits of Electroless Nickel Plating with PTFE
The homogenous distribution of PTFE particles and EN provides a continuously renewing source of PTFE during normal wear, giving this powerful material a number of engineering benefits, including:
- Improved release qualities in molding operations, eliminating the need for mold release sprays, and extending the lifespan of the mold itself
- Reduced noise and lengthened lifespan for cutting tools and dies
- Improved fuel management when applied to pistons, rings, valves, and other automobile or truck parts – sometimes eliminating the need for additional lubricants
- Electroless Nickel plating with PTFE is dark gray in appearance, making it an appropriate, non-reflective coating option for military applications
Our PTFE/Electroless Nickel Composites can be applied over a variety of substrates, including stainless steel, copper, aluminum, or brass. As with standard EN plating, the autocatalytic chemical reaction ensures a dependably uniform and repeatable deposit, making possible the coating of irregularly shaped parts, and otherwise difficult to plate internal surfaces and cavities, or complex geometries.
4 Decades of Leadership in Electroless Nickel Plating Services
Our state of the art facility includes:
- 8 substrate- and size-specific EN process lines
- Recipient of the Colorado Environmental Leadership Award for innovative hazardous waste recycling programs
- Meets virtually any requirement for Electroless Nickel plating with PTFE
- On Time Every Time Delivery pledge
Advanced Surface Technologies is a national leader in the design, fabrication, and finishing of quality parts for the oil and gas, aerospace, solar, electronics, automotive, and other industries.
Call us today for high quality, price competitive, responsive turnaround surface plating services, and allow us to exceed your expectations.